This month we are rolling out a new PrePass program that we believe everyone in the construction and seasonal trucking will surely benefit from. As of July 1, our new PrePass monthly rates will change to $13.99/truck or device, but this will include a unique program that we had been asking for to address the seasonality of our industry.
The typical rates we have seen from other associations averaged around $16.50/month, the retail price today is $17.50. So, not only do we offer our members great monthly pricing rates, but a special discount seasonal rate that presently is only available through our program as we begin beta testing. Instead of calling, cancelling service for each device and sending them back to PrePass, a company or owner-operator can just turn the device off and if it is not used during an entire month, the device will be billed only $4.99 as an administrative fee. Also, in early July we mailed a joint PrePass flyer to all members and AADT clients, notifying everyone about this great program. PrePass has set–up a landing page for each member to make it very easy to join the program.
This is how the Seasonal Non-use Program works:
Program Changed Effective for July, 2012 (Billed in early August)
New Rates: Will Change $13.99 with the addition of the Seasonal (non-use) monthly Rate of $4.99. (PrePass retail price is $17.65)
(909) 985-2348 fax
800-773-7277, option 2, x-5039
- New applications must be faxed or emailed to Lorraine at CCTA or Karina at PrePass.
- Customer maintenance requests must be sent to
- Seasonal Shut off request must be made via;
- Billing inquiries can only be made by Lorraine at CCTA. PrePass will provide the requested billing information to Lorraine who will provide it to the customer.
PrePass Seasonal Shut-Off (SSOS) Procedure
- Allows customer to shut off PrePass service for a month at a reduced rate of $4.99 and keep the transponder in their truck(s).
- SSOS will not be prorated. Any request for PrePass service for a single day constitutes a full month of PrePass Service.
- Requests to move to SSOS must be made no later than two (2) business days before the end of the month for the next month.
- Requests to move to SSOS on the last day of the month or later will result in a full month PrePass Service Charge the following month.
- SSOS can be in place for as many months as the customer wants.
- Bypassing ability can be restored in 48 hours.
- A regular PrePass account must be opened in order to sign up for SSOS.
- A truck will receive red lights at all PrePass weigh stations while in SSOS status and the truck must pull into the station if it is open.
- When a customer wishes to move some or all of their trucks from PrePass Service to SSOS, the following steps must be followed.
- Customer must notify Lorraine at CCTA what trucks they want to put in SSOS.
- Lorraine will notify Karina at PrePass.
- In order for the customer not to be billed for PrePass service, PrePass must be notified of the switch to SSOS no later than the last day of the previous month.
- PrePass will open a SSOS account for the customer.
- The trucks will be moved to SSOS status on the 1st day of the month following month.
- The truck will stay in SSOS status and will not be able to bypass until up to 48 hours after Lorraine at CCTA notifies PrePass.
- When a customer wishes to move some or all of their trucks from SSOS to PrePass Service, the following steps must be followed.
- Customer must notify Lorraine at CCTA what trucks they want to move to PrePass Service.
- Lorraine at CCTA will notify Karina at PrePass.
- PrePass will move the truck(s) to PrePass Service within 48 hours.
- The truck will start receiving green lights within the 48 hours and bypassing according to standard PrePass rules.
- The customer will be billed the standard PrePass Service charge for the month the service was started.
- The truck will stay in PrePass Service until the above steps are repeated.
- Again, PrePass Monthly Service will not be prorated. Any request for PrePass service for a single day constitutes a full month of PrePass Service.
- Requests to move to PrePass from SSOS on any day of the month will result in a full month PrePass Service Charge for that month.