CCTA had gathered the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
within our industry from the past 12 years.
The list below is some of the top FAQ's our association receives, the answer are only viewable to registered CCTA Members Only.
If you do not see a particular questions, contact a CCTA Representative
1. How Will The "New" Federal Hours-of-Service Regulations Effect ?
2. CHP Proposes Adoption of the Federal Hours-of-Service Regulations
- Includes the 24-hour restart rule for tucks hauling construction materials and equipment
- Federal Hours of Service Regulations
- New Updates to HOS,(3/5/08)
3. Where do I Find the California Intrastate Hours-of-Service (HoS) Regulations?
4. Requiring Log Book for Recording Duty status for DOT regulated trucks
5. (UBLT) Business Excise and License Taxes on For-Hire Motor Carriers of Property
6. State Law Exempts Trucking Companies From 8-hr. Daily Overtime Laws
7. Transfer Trailers That Are Unhooked and Legally Parked
8. California Independent Contractor Reporting Requirements
(California Unemployment Insurance Code Section 1088.8)
9. "Collection of Transportation Charges"
10. Federal Highway Heavy Vehicle Use Tax
11. Beware, Some Private Works May Be Considered "Public Works"
12. Independent Contractor Vs. Employee
What is the law concerning my liability for workers' comp insurance
when I contract with owner-operator motor carriers?
13. BIT Inspection Guidelines
What Guide Lines Do I Need To Follow Prior To My BIT Inspection?
Displaying ID Numbers On Your Truck
14. What Identification Numbers Should I Have On My Truck To Stay Legal As An INTERSTATE or INTRASTATE Motor Carrier?
15. Who Needs a CA-Number?
16. How Do I Apply for a CA# or a MCP? - Frequently Asked Questions About Applying for CA and MCP
17. Why Can I Not Get My CA# Through DMV?
Mechanic's Lein Rights
18. When Are Mechanics' Lein Rights Available To Truckers?
19. Are Collection Laws Available to Motor Carriers Who Work For Licensed Contractors?
20. Are Collection Laws Available to Permitted Motor Carriers Who Work For Brokers of Construction Trucking Services?
Transporting Aggregate Materials; Definition and Rules
21. Is a violation of CVC §23114 and Infraction or a misdemeanor? - VC also refers to Flaps, Fenders and Shed Boards
22. BOE: Taxes on Transportation - (Three Questions) The following information should be used to help educate members on ways that they can avoid taxes on transportation charges, especially from their own facilities.
(Levy on Retailer's Gross Receipts Including Transportation Charges)
23. HAZMAT Frequently Asked Questions
24. Commercial Vehicle Weight Decal Section 154.00 Initial Statement of Reasons
25. Re-flashing or Reprogramming all engine models between 1993 through 1998
26. No More Traffic School for Commercial Drivers (9/20/2005)
27. Where do contractors go to find opportunities?
28. Requirements for Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HME)
29. How Do I Become a Dump Truck Broker?
30. LLCs provide key financial benefits
31. Dump Truck Axle 101 - Introduction to Understanding California’s Laws of Weight and Wheelbase Lengths in the Dump Truck Industry
32. Are All Trailers and Semi-Trailers required to Have Reflective Stickers?
33. CCTA Accident Reporting Kit - This 4 fold 8.5"x14" document allows you record any accident
34. Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) Fees - Questions and Answers; understanding the rules and regulations
35. Truck Back-up Alarm - Who is required to have this alarm?